Monday 12 June 2017

born to be good at exams

It's actually quite fun to go to an English exam. This time it's IELTS, cos I need it for the admission to a postgraduate degree course.

My husband didn't give me any pressure, cos I only need an average of 7.5 out of 9 for the admission but my practice tests seemed to suggest that I can get 8.0 to 9.0.

So I just had some fun.

Most of candidates seem to be students. Some of them seem to know each other.

The one-to-one speaking test was especially fun.

Examiner: Do you work or study?
Me: I wish I were a student.

The examiner looked a bit surprised.

Then we had a conversation on a topic which I cannot disclose here. It was just like chatting.

The second part of the test was a 1-minute impromptu, which I love doing! The topic was not an easy one like "describe your hometown" or a festival, a concert, a book that you have read or anything like that, but it's related to an area which I explored quite a bit in the last summer. I can keep talking about it for 1 hour hehe. Please call me a lucky girl :)

My husband kidded and said if I can get straight 9 for IELTS I should think about starting some online tutorials to teach people how to pass the test... lol

Anyway I still think it's cool to be a native English speaker like my husband. There's something missing in my language no matter how well I do in English exams.

I guess you'd probably agree.

No comments: