Thursday 19 October 2017

my german teacher is strict like hell

In a 3 hour German lesson...

1.

I took out my phone to jot down some notes.

In less than 5 seconds...
My teacher: kein Papier? (no paper?)
And he gave me a piece of paper.

Then a message popped up when my phone was still on the table and I had a quick look at it. I didn't reply. I did nothing.

My teacher: Jenny, keep your phone in your bag.


2.

In a conversation practice, I was trying to clarify something with my classmate.

In less than 1 minute...
My teacher: Jenny, Deutsch! Kein Englisch. (Jenny, speak German. Don't speak English)
Me: Can I ask you a question?
My teacher: Deutsch!
Me: Ich habe eine Frage. (I have a question.)

3.

I was about 20 minutes late for class because of work.

During the break...
My teacher: (In German) Why are you so late today?
Me: I got stuck in a traffic jam.
My teacher: Deutsch!
(It was very complicated. I was late for class cos I left my company later than usual and there was a lot of traffic around that time.)
Me: um... ich war im Stau.
My teacher: (In German) And what should you say?
Me: um... keine Ahnung (I've no idea)
My teacher: ...
Me: um... oh... tut mir leid (Sorry)
My teacher: Gut (Good).


I said to my husband my German teacher is strict like hell, and he said, "You should feel lucky you're not a kid anymore".

But I'm being treated like a kid. Don't you think so?

Sometimes I think it's not nice when you're 30 but you look teenage.

"You can think about becoming a model for some anti-aging skincare products later", my husband said, grinning at me.

No comments: