Saturday 21 October 2017

Work and study

Flying back home tonight. It really is not easy to work full-time while studying part-time.

The one-to-one tutorial went well. I'm really pleased the lecturer has agreed to let me meet him on Sat so I wouldn't have to take leave and fly here on a weekday.

The tutorial makes me think that I might actually need to improve my English vocabulary. As an EFL learner, I might be scoring everything perfect, but I don't use the language as naturally as I did when I was in school in England or in uni in the US. Having grown up and learnt English in school as a first language and a second language and a foreign language in 5 totally different countries, I'm occasionally confused about my language abilities.

This time I'm in England for only 30 hours but I'm already missing the much warmer weather back home. My husband said he'll pick me up from the airport --- though I'll arrive nearly midnight :)

Then I'll have to work for about 3 hours tomorrow :(

No comments: