Wednesday 21 June 2017

I must be bad in writing?

Two weeks ago I took IELTS to satisfy the language requirement of a postgraduate degree program I've applied for.

The requirement is an overall of 7.5 out of 9.0 with a subscore of no less than 6.5.

I thought it'd be easy.

Just now I checked my results...

Listening 8.5
Reading 9.0
Writing 7.0 ...phew... barely "passed"
Speaking 9.0

I thought the writing was easy. At least much easier than CFA or any exam I have taken.

"More than enough", my husband said to me with a smile.

But I'm not happy. I don't know why I got only 7.0 for writing. I thought.I did well.

Then he said it takes a bit of luck to get a good score in an exam.

Hm... I dunno.

I think he was trying to make me FEEL better cos there's nothing wrong but I was trying to THINK about why my writing score was that low.

Sorry you've got married to a perfectionist :P

No comments: