Friday 11 August 2017

3-day nanny

I'm taking care of my bro's 3-year-old for three days.

Day 1. Once the little boy arrived at our home, he took off his shoes and socks and went to our bathroom to wash his hands -- all by himself. My husband and I were totally surprised.

Then it was about time for an afternoon nap. My husband asked the little one if he'd like us to read a story to him, but he asked if he's allowed to read his storybook by himself before he slept. My husband and I were surprised again.

My husband said kids in Germany normally don't learn to read till they go to school at 5-6. And I was in France around the boy's age and couldn't read till I was 4 and a half.

The language is simple, like:
"Buzz looks for woody. Andy's other toys helped".

And this takes up one whole page, in large font size with a big, colourful picture.

I said to my husband I don't know how my bro and my sis-in-law have raised such a good kid. Then my husband said yeah, he should learn from my bro and make me a better girl =_=

Well, as far as I know they never spank the boy. So spare the rod, find the kid?

No comments: