Tuesday 9 January 2018

Dealing with procrastination with strategies

It’s hard to bring myself to start working on a job assignment. I have been quite unproductive these days.

I told my husband my problem.

He said if this happened in 2017, he’d fetch the cane and I’ll have a very sore behind, and I’ll start working right away with my pants taken down, and I get more spanking if I get distracted again. But we’ve agreed to change our way of thinking...

He suggested that I
Break down the job into a few parts and do it bit by bit by focusing on one thing at a time so I don’t get distracted. Make a plan and take a short break after getting each part properly done.

My husband said I shouldn’t tell him how I’m going to do it. I need to decide on my own.

2017: immediate punishment
2018: Problem-based strategies

Will it work?

Let’s see.

1 comment:

Peanut said...

It is best not to reach a stage where he is micro managing you. Some parents micro manage their children and some bosses micro manage their subordinates; on a married couple level it sounds almost controlling if not borderline abusive (?). Then again, some people flourish with order/ clear rules & consequences (both positive/ negative). It really depends on what works best.

I guess its a long phase of trial and error for you both... Keep faith and carry on. In all honesty, he sounds like a very supportive and encouraging partner. Hope it all works out!