Monday 10 April 2017

What color do you want?

Walking down some random streets in Singapore, my husband said he wanted to buy me a souvenir from here.

"What color do you want?", he asked.

I turned around and saw not a typical souvenir but these..

It left me completely speechless.

I once went to a Singaporean elementary school for two years because of my dad's relocation. I learnt that every household had at least one of these at home. They were not decoration but really meant to be used on kids. I just can't believe after almost two decades, Singaporean parents still use this to discipline their kids. This might explain why it's so cheap, just SG$0,5, or €0,3.

Sigh.

"Get one in light blue and one in orange for me please", I said to my husband.

This surprized my husband.

"I really want to see you walking down the streets holding two canes in your hand. Will everyone look at you?", I added, and I grinned at him :P

"No, but they will when I start running after you with the canes and you start screaming and crying and begging".

This man is sometimes a bit too imaginative.

No comments: