Monday 8 May 2017

no studying, no spanking, no punishment

I've caught a bad cold.

No more work or discipline for the next 12 hours.

I'm supposed to wake up at 2am for an important phone meeting but then I saw this book which my husband bought me last year:



Eugene O' Kelly, former CEO of KPMG wrote about overworking and realizing the essense of life after being told he has less than a year to live.

Well, I'm of course not working in an accounting firm, but hearing my unusual breathing as I'm typing this lying on my bed, I'm thinking if I should just close my eyes and leave all my work behind.







Just now my husband has come in closed the curtain and told me to put down my phone and stop replying to work mail. Like my secondary school biology teacher, he said common cold is caused by virus which cannot be cured with medicine but rest. That's why the cold medicine means to make people sleepy. Maybe I should just do as I'm told.

Good "night"!

I said to my husband, and he said "good girl" and kissed me good "night" :)

No comments: