Saturday 6 May 2017

a test of honesty and self-discipline

My husband said I need the time and space to take care of my studies for the CFA exam in the coming weeks.

I have set up my own study plan, but he has reminded me not to be too stubborn about having to stick to a plan. He said a plan is meant to improve my efficiency, and if I am constantly behind schedule, then I should find out the root problem and adjust my plan or my study strategies.

Like a forecast of a company, the plan can almost never be 100% accurate, and it requires a lot of follow-up and adjustments to make the plan work the way we want it to be, my husband continued.

So my husband never gives me punishment for the little hiccups in the process of a "big project". He said in the coming month, he will trust my honesty and self-discipline, which unfortunately does not mean no punishment. It means I will report to my husband if I think I have done something wrong and need a punishment.

The last time I sit for the CFA Level 2 exam I reported to him three times: twice I was forgiven and offered suggestions from my husband; once I was given two strokes with a junior cane --- it hurt a lot maybe because it was on my bare bottom and I was put in the really uncomfortable diaper position with my bottom fully stretched and exposed. The two parallel lines were there on my bottom for five days!

Maybe something similar to this:





















My husband said he hopes he does not need to give me any punishment this time. I hope so too.

No comments: